Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

...and the phoenix is reborn

the smell of fresh air, the feel of the cool breeze, the wind on my face, playing with my hair...
the air of good cheer in the surroundings...
things i associate with new beginnings, with optimism,
things that make me feel light and nice and inexplicably happy...
i can feel it.
like certain things have been put to rest, some things i've made peace with..
the jitter that passes through my body whenever a realization sinks in..i am free.
i can feel it.
i want to sing out loud! i want to skip as i walk down the road! i want to do a slight twirl while skipping!
i want to look at a stranger and smile at him.
i want to talk to him and simply discuss inconsequential stuff.
i want to forget about everything that holds me down...
that reminds me of the demands on my time, things that are waiting to be dealt with.
i just want to take in a deep breath, feel it travel through every inch of my body, and let it out.
and when i let it out, i want to let out all the negativity with it.
all that periodically wears me out.
just one day, one moment, in which i can live every fantasy, every dream..
just that one hand to hold on, which makes all this even more special.
nothing complicated, nothing which requires decisions.
just me, that person...and our shared moment.
it could be someone i know, could be someone i don't know, someone i just met, my pleasant stranger..
i don't care.
just someone with whom i can share my smile and my special moment... :)


No comments: