Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

ON MY WAY BACK HOME...

took a bus back home. window seat. i kinda liked it. some distance on, a middle aged man came and sat next to me. gave me a nasty look before he sat down next to me. couldn't figure out why. five minutes later i felt him fidgeting next to me. noticed his hands twitching. of their own accord. looked at him closely for the first time. had a kind of a blank expression on his face. naive. like someone who can't quite understand things perfectly but tries to, with extreme concentration. he noticed me typing on the phone and listening to music. took his own phone out and started fiddling around with it. my heart went out to him for some reason. wanted to assure him for some reason, that i wasn't judging him, looking down at him from the top of my nose. but couldn't understand what to do.

then he started digging his nose with both his hands. technically, both his index fingers. going quite QUITE deep. simultaneously. totally killed that noble desire then and there. couldn't help scrunching my nose a couple of times.

i love it when Providence plays with me and makes a joke of my supremely complacent noble self. keeps me grounded i swear to you.

PS- i do hope that those who read this post understand that i'm making fun of myself and not the gentleman in question.

1 comment:

amishra said...

"you are evolving as a writer".
(this comment goes well with the modern art-ish template and mmm..makes me feel like an intellectual (kurta and jeans types)) :)