Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

remembering you...


[a poem my mother wrote for my nani...
i am sorry mumma, i remember so little of her. i wish i could remember her more. i wish i could have spent more time with her. i wish i could recollect more than just her big red bindi and her quiet calm demeanor and the way in which she always took my side when none of you would. i am sorry i was so aloof and lost in my own world. i wish i had spent more time with her. i wish i had deserved to be her favorite, the way i know i was. 
i love you nani... and i am so sorry i didn't know you better... ]

You gave me life 
you brought me in this world
you gave me everything
and all your love.

You cherished and nourished me
and taught me to walk
watched with tearful eyes
my first tiny trot.

Your love was like a fountain
which never could cease
your loving touch would always 
all my woes and sorrows ease.

You like an angel always stood by me
and i was so unfortunate that could not see
the growing pain and vaccum in your heart
which gradually and silently tore your life apart.

Oh!the agony of seeing you so helpless and frail
the vacant look in your eyes, the misery and pain
feeling lonely and lost amongst your loved ones
like a ship tossing in sea without an anchor.

Yet the chord that tied us in your womb was so strong
you recognised only me in this alien throng.
Now that you are gone , gone so far away
i feel the void that cant be filled in any way.
When i seek your shoulder and loving touch 
to share my joys and ease my pain
my hand stretches out but returns in vain.

2 comments: