Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

A LI'L BIT OF THIS, A LI'L BIT OF THAT...

came face to face with a ghost tonight, a phantom that has haunted me for a while now.
 it was like, seeing your nightmare right there, infront of you.
OR...
that's what i thought till i realized that,
it was nothing more than a mirage that i had somehow conjured, that went BUST!
it was something i had built up in my head for a long while.
something i had thought was too hard to deal with for me.
but then when i came across it, it was nothing.
the anticipation didn't live upto the actual performance.
it was nothing... it did nothing to me, no emotions whatsoever.
and it made me realize... i have moved on. much further than i ever thought.
things that once hit me hard, once affected me, don't really matter anymore.
people who mattered, they have become a part of the past.
it's like a memory, all of it..
a memory that i am trying to avoid as of now, because i don't want to deal with it.
but a memory nonetheless, which i HAVE relegated to the past.
yes i have, lock stock and barrel.
when i cared, it was with everything i had.
but the moment the tie was broken, everything fizzled out with that.
there is no baggage, no luggage, no cargo.
and it feels wonderful... it feels like i can breathe again.
i feel like i can rise up and stretch my hand once again,
that if i jump, i could probably touch the sun!
for anyone who doubted me when i did make the decision,
yes, i can handle it. yes, i have handled it. and yes, i bloody well can.
because i know what i am looking for, and i know how to reach out to it now.. :)

PS- NOBODY disrespects my mum dad and leaves unscathed. not even phantoms. they better remember this the next time.

No comments: