Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

THE SONG OF THE ROAD

Usually i love this time of the year. It somehow fills me with good cheer and this hope that good things are on their way.

But right now, it's annoying me. Why, you wonder? Well, because it's still making me feel the same. But unfortunately, reality, that bitch, has twisted its dagger deep in, the tip being coated with an overdose of realization, that's spreading through every bit of my body.
And you know what it's saying to me? It says,

                               "Welcome to the world of grown ups! I hope you have bid goodbye
to those days of childhood, where whims and fancies and hopes and wishes
all co existed? If not yet, then please do. Here, in our world, you are only allowed to do
and concentrate on what is required and expected of you. Once the choice is made, it can't be unmade.
No more will anyone laugh at your whims and wishes, or pass off your idealistic talks as harmless jabber, with that good natured shake of the head. No more will you be permitted to get distracted, without being considered directionless and wayward. The consequence and the price of detours is indeed heavy here. There's no going back without losing your way. Just keep walking straight, without any hope for respite.
The path might be monotonous, annoying, dreary, tiring and painful. It might periodically wear you down.
But you would be a fool to let yourself be bogged down by any of this. 
For when you do successfully walk down this road, the results shall be tremendous.
So think only of those."

I don't like this weather anymore. Where once it made me happy, now it suffocates me. Now it makes me feel as if my happiness is conditional to the successful walk down this road. Without completing it, i will always be stranded somewhere in the middle, always made to feel guilty for those little joys and stolen laughs...

No comments: