Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

HEIDI AT 22

i want to be like Heidi. live up there, somewhere on the Alps, in a tiny little hut on top of the hill. with my old grandpa and shaggy monster of a dog. i want my room to be up in the attic, with my bed next to the huge circular window, my peephole into the universe.

 i want to fall asleep while looking outside, counting the stars, talking to the moon, staring out in the space or down into the forests, trying to fathom the mysteries that those ancient trees hide.

i want to wake up with the sun's rays falling on my face, the nippy breeze rustling my hair, caressing my face. i want to wake up to the goat herder's call as he tries to get his flock in order. i want to eat melted cheddar and a loaf of bread for breakfast, gulping it down with fresh goat milk. then soon as i'm done i want to rush out, after Peter, the goat herder. Peter, my best friend. i want to run like the wind, up and down those beautiful hills, exploring those valleys everyday, going down into the village to pick up nicknacks, making small conversation with the villagers i come across. to go into the forests and climb those trees. to climb up a hill, and lie there on the green grass, at the top, looking down into the valley.

to come up there in the evening maybe, just as the sun sets, bringing along someone i would like to share this view with. to sit there, the two of us, watching the lights come up, the stars come out. to just be, high up there. with noone else.
_______________________________________

ANDD! while i was writing this, dev called. i asked him if he thought it was silly of me to wanna be like heidi? he surprised me. he said not at all! infact, he would like the same thing, pretty much... the little cottage and the window and the the hills and everything. (ofcourse he isn't a closet romantic like me, so he pretty much kept to the original heidi theme!)
hehe. we'l do it together Geeko, someday. we'l be the 'grown up children' and laugh at it all, rolling around, holding our sides, like we do always. :)


No comments: